Monday, 21 May 2012

Why is there always a moral to every story?

 

No heating!

At the weekend my boiler decided not to let the heating work, we have hot water, so I suppose now the days are a touch warmer, we will survive. But as I had home emergency breakdown I thought I may as well claim on it, well it turns out in the small print there is a clause that means in the months May to August they don't cover boiler breakdowns. As you can imagine I am not very happy about this, and will be making a formal complaint as I was not told this when I took the policy out. I have hatched a plan and will soon have heating again :)
MORAL: always read the small print

 

Not open!

So seeing as we have no heating and this house gets chilly downstairs, me and the kids decided to head out for the day.  We decided to go to Brodsworth Hall, we are members of English Heritage, so it was another free day out.  I checked the App for opening hours and off we went (well after a minor hiccup at home with the kids lying about who stole a piece of cake) we arrived and thought it looked rather quiet, well turns out they are shut on Mondays!!!  We checked the English Heritage App for more local places and we decided to try Conisbrough Castle, it was open! 
MORAL: ring the place and don't trust the website, or your own eyesight :)

 

Lovely day out.

We had a great time, reinacting being shot with arrows (both my boys do archery so were spending ages pretending to aim and shoot properly).  We climbed the stairs in the main buiding, theres a lot of stairs and not so great with Cerys and her little legs, but we made it, the kids managed to find the 800 year old toilet first!  Mathew was very brave and even stood a while looking over the barriers, he doesnt like heights (even worse if there's glass as a barrier).  Ben climbed on everything possible as always.  
We always have a look in the shop and all I  hear is 'mum look at this' 'mum can we have this?'  9 times out of 10 it's something educational and I struggle to say no when they do their puppy dog eyes at me, but today they didnt ask for much and as always if its a book we cheekily go on my phone onto ebay and order a cheaper copy there and then :) today I saved £12 by ordering the books on ebay :)
(kids pretending to be wooden pillars on the pad stone)

MORAL: don't stay angry with your kids even when they are little sods :)

Back home.

I was faced with all the housework I should have done yesterday, but was too busy writing all day to do, a rabbit that's kicked food and bedding all over my living room floor and shelves to put up. So I get the drill out and make a start, I snap one drill bit and the other doesn't drill very well, so I've had to text the ex to come and help, he will do them tomorrow when he comes to take Ben to Cubs.
MORAL: be nice to your ex you don't know when you will need his big tool :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol, sounds like a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are funny! lol @your ex's big tool...I also find my ex useful for babysitting whilst I get it on with my husband...but that's another story! ha ha

    ReplyDelete