Why doesn't anyone tell you how knackering kids can be? oh they did! but I didn't believe them. :)
SATURDAY/SUNDAY/MONDAY
Saturday was a lovely day, the kids went out with my ex for the day, to a vintage car show then the park. They all had a lovely time. I went shopping, dangerous on my own, but as most of my friends have little ones or live miles away it doesn't bother me, I went looking for fabric to recover the fly screen/keep the cat inside screen. I went to numerous shops, buying things I didn't need like cushions :) and pretty boxes, I finally found some fabric and its pink :)
I then spent the evening cuddling Princess as she had bad stomach pains, she woke at 4.40am, and I had to call the ex to sit with the others while I took her to A&E, but she wanted my ex to take her, so off they went at 6am, it wasnt till nearly 9am that they were seen, the doc didnt even examine her properly and fobbed him off saying she had wind. Ex rang me, I kicked off and sent him back in for a second opinion, took nearly an hour and this doc told him that she couldn't feel anything and to give her peppermint. So what does he do, he buys a her a pack of polos and tells her to eat them all. Luckily I got to her before she ate them, we all know that would have made her really ill. I sent him home, I was fuming at how stupid he was. Princess was quiet most of the day, highly unusual, she went to sleep late and in pain (even after calpol and ibuprofen , which I only use if I have to.) She woke at 6 on monday morning, by 8.30 I had an appointment at the GP surgery in town. Off we all went, doc checked her over, including ears and temperature, I was told that as there was no inflammation it was hard to pin point, but she agreed it was not wind!!! More likely to be a viral infection and too much sun (been a weirdly warm week). I was to increase her fluids and take her back at the end of the week if she wasn't better. So far the amount of times shes been in pain have decreased. So I'm hoping she's over the worst.
Once we were home, my sister arrived with my nieces. She is moving to Scotland this week and it's easier for her if i have the girls for the week. Now this is only a recent occurrence, as me and my sisters have not got on very well for many years, things escalated horribly 2 years ago, long story short, they both reported me to social services, I went through 6 months of harassment, and had a social worker sacked for incompetence This sister realised how wrong she had been and has since made lots of effort to put things right. Which means I get some wonderful time with my nieces :).
Nice to read that Cerys is feeling better and that least one of your sisters saw reason and has tried to make amends. Family feuds are so heart-breaking :-/ [haven't spoken to my brother in 13 years since he turned against us when my daughter was born!]
ReplyDelete