Ooh I wonder if writing my blog from my phone will work!! The only 2 downsides I can see for this app are 1. I will probably blog way too much and 2. My RSI in my thumbs will get worse
We've spent all day at Yorkshire Wildlife Park, it's 5 minutes down the road (literally!) and we've been amazed at it's transformation from brockholes farm with horses and a few animals to a full on amazing place. We've watched as the lion rescue story unfolded, bringing all those lions from the romanian zoo, some quite ill, all now doing so well. The park now has tigers, zebras, cheetah, monkeys, wallabies, meerkats, goats, flamingoes and so many more animals.
Today was very hot with clear blue skies, so we took it steady and spent time watching each of the groups of animals, they've extended the park since we last went. Unfortunately we couldn't see the tigers as they were hiding out of the sun in the long grass.
The only slight downside were the 11 coach loads of school kids, all except one lot were under 7 years old and all were ignorant little mites, knocking Princess over or barging past me, screaming at the animals and scaring them, I am so grateful that as home edders my kids can take their time and stop to watch or read, they can go back and look at something again. We can stop for a snack or hide in the shade for a while. And not once did I say (yet I heard teachers say it lots) hurry up, stop running, stand still, no you can't etc. So happy to have all the time in the world with my babies. We've come home a little sun burnt (me worse than the kids) and attempted to set the paddling pool up, but with a very slow running hosepipe it only has 4 inches of water, so I'll put it on again first thing and hopefully we'll get some time in the garden tomorrow.
Ps this was actually written on Tuesday but my phone didn't publish it :( another downside to mobile app blogging :(



Oooh, we've never been to Yorkshire Wildlife Park but it's not far from us. Want to go now! Lovely pics. Welcome to blogland!
ReplyDelete