I decided fairly quickly that I was not going to let this little mishap put me off looking for mr or miss perfect, although after the stalker earlier in the year and now this situation, my thoughts towards a relationship with a woman have changed, for now I want a man, they are easier to suss :) So I signed back up to dating websites, I don't know what was different this time, but I have been inundated with men wanted to talk to me. From all walks of life this time too.
There's still the 18-24 year olds that think they can handle a woman like me, oh how I would love to scare the crap out of them and show them a thing or two, but it'd probably put them off women for life lol.
Then there are the 25-32 year olds, they are living the single life, having seperated from a 3 year relationship, they live in a small flat, and spend all their wages on booze, going round the pubs that they have frequented for the last 10+years, with the same lads and they wonder why the longest relationship is 3 years!
The 32-40 year olds have split from their wife and see the kids every other weekend, they have jobs they hate and want a bit of fun, but when they realise that all the women interested in them are the same as their wives they suddenly just want sex and try it on big style.
The 40-52 year olds are turning out to be the most interesting to chat to, they have changed careers, kids are grown up and they know some interesting stuff, but they don't want to start again with a young family like mine.
So finding a decent date is a little tedious, ploughing through all the 'hi how r u ?' messages, the badly written profiles that actually are so badly written that they make no sense, and the foreigners, omg I won't get started on them, but come on really when you send me a message that says;
i know i mite be upseting u by messaging you here people like me dont have any chance to be a friend to someone like u i do apologise if this message upset u
or
hi babe, its me krish from sheffield, u looking so good and ur profile sounding good. plz reply me if u interest in me
|
do you really think I am gonna reply? erm let me think about that for a moment.... NO! i'm not.
So after weeding my way through, and I really don't want to sound cocky, but I'm talking a lot of messages each day, I finally get talking to someone, he seems nice, but then you realise he lives 40 miles away and doesn't drive. Or another guy comes along, really chatty and interesting, you talk for a few days then he suddenly tells you that he's actually 58 and his photo was 15 years ago. There are of course those that are married, but they often attempt sex chat within a couple of minutes, the best antidote for them is to tell them about your day with the kids and that they are sat at the side of you as you are talking ;) really puts them off and they never message again.
So this last month or so I've chatted to some lovely people and had some lovely dates, although I did have a busy day a couple of weeks ago, I had 2 dates in one day within metres of each other lol, the first was an older guy, bit of a rocker, really interesting, he didn't work other than doing gigs, but he looked after the grandkids! we got on really well, and he was lovely and text quite a few times but think he realised he didn't want the lifestyle I could offer.
The second date, omg, I couldn't get out of there fast enough, he looked nothing like his photo, he behaved nothing like he sounded online. He was a bit of a geek and I think I would have overpowered him on so many levels, I made my excuses to leave, but he insisted on walking me back to the car, he tried to kiss me twice! yuk! I jumped in the car before he could try again, he later text saying they were amazing kisses, ugghhhh I don't think so mate, your lips barely touched mine before I moved away. I politely told him i wasn't interested, but he replied saying he thought I was perfect. Hmm really ? well yeah i am, but not for you lol :)
I got talking to a guy one morning, and he was amazing, he works in the job I eventually want to be doing, he's got a history that makes him interesting and he is cute. We swapped numbers and text during the day, I went to work as normal in the evening and ten minutes into the session he text me saying hi. Luckily it transpired that the session I was doing was only gonna be an hour cos the lads wanted to watch the football, so I text the guy saying that it was a shame I didn't know him well enough to call round for a cuppa, he agreed and said especially as he lived behind where I was working. Well that was it, I said sod it I'm on my way, so I text my mate with the address so she knew where I was (just in case), I was there in 5 minutes, he was outside waiting. Cuter in real life, we sat and chatted for an hour, albeit he did most of the talking. It was lovely, I managed to blag another hour out of the house (told ex i was working late lol), I really didn't want to leave but after another hour I had to, so he walked me to my car and we chatted a little longer, he looked at my lips a couple of times and I thought he was gonna kiss me, but no :( We've text loads and will maybe meet up again, but i'm not sure it'll go beyond friendship as we have a different outlook on life.
There's always the ones that appear from no-where, the ones that you least expect and I have a feeling that someone is about to be that someone, but I'm not gonna say anymore :)
I'm so happy with how my life is at the mo and i'm having so much fun dating even when I'm clearly way too good for them all LOL :)
No comments:
Post a Comment