We had to change our original plans for Sunday, so I took the kids to B&Q to let my Princess pick paint to decorate her bedroom, pink obviously :) so we headed home and the kids helped move the furniture, get the paintbrushes out and she even helped with the painting for a while. The boys brought me drinks and a sandwich so I didn't have to break off, I painted a huge rainbow on one wall. It looks amazing! As I was tidying up, the boys told me Princess was asleep on the sofa, I knew she must be ill cos she doesn't sleep in the day, they brought her upstairs and she was burning up, she climbed into bed and was soon being sick. She fell asleep looking so tiny, I hate it when they are ill. I knew this was the first challenge to overcome and we did, the boys were amazing, whilst I sat with her stroking her hair they cooked tea, now it was only food out the freezer but they were brilliant, they worked together and whilst it was cooking they tidied up and fed the animals. After they had served tea and eaten it they made sure the kitchen was tidy. Then went to bed and watched a film. Princess was settled and hadn't been sick again so I fell asleep, waking up cold in her room I headed to my bed.
She woke up a little lethargic but hungry and she ate like a pig all day, by Monday evening she was back to normal and bouncing around. We did some work, mostly discussions and Google searches about Venus Fly trap plants, as we had bought one the day before. Princess wasn't up to doing much so mostly watched YouTube music videos. Because she has some sort of dairy intolerance/reflux I worried that because she'd had a bug she may still be sick again, I was exhausted from all the decorating and not sleeping well the night before. Whilst I had a bath I knew StuntMan was playing with her, what I didn't realise till I went through into her room was that he had set himself a bed up on her floor, so that he could look after her if she was sick again. I was so proud of him. Einstein had made sure everything was tidy and even washed some pots up (dishwasher is on the blink) he hates washing pots because of his sensory issues, but he did some.
Everyone slept through the night :) Tuesday was a busy day, we had music lessons here, the music teacher is absolutely amazing with them, she is happy for them to learn what ever piece they want, she doesn't mind if Einstein plays the keyboard sat with his knees touching his chin, or if StuntMan wants to learn Kid Rock instead of Oasis on the guitar, or if Princess wants to make up her own random piece. I was telling her how I was having to take my key back into work (a volunteer position at a homeless centre) because I no longer had child care in an evening, she has offered to help me out which is lovely, so maybe we can come to some arrangement and I may be able to start working there again. After music lessons we drove to my work to take my key in and official quit :( I said goodbye to some of the residents, who all said they were sad that I wouldn't be back, it was lovely to hear them saying positive stuff about me and the sessions I ran.
Then we headed off to the park to meet 2 other families, we had a lovely time, although for some reason StuntMan had it in his head that it was ok to ride his scooter inside the park whilst little ones were playing, so I had to tell him off a couple of times. We headed onto the field and set up a game of cricket, boys and girls and mums, ages 3 to well I'll not include the mums ages, so 11 was the oldest kid, we had a lovely game, where there were very few rules except to have fun, the older ones encouraged the little ones which was lovely to see. We had such a good time. Everyone found my inability to catch hilarious especially as I was bowler most of the time and was often seen dropping the ball, but it added to the fact that it was for fun. We then headed to the shops to buy supplies for the following days home ed group, Halloween themed arty stuff, paper, paint, stickers, etc. then home tea and an early night for all.
Wednesday morning started like many, I logged online to find a family fairly local to us being harassed by the LA, so a phone call and a letter drafted for them, as I was drawing that to a close I had an email asking for support, so another letter was quickly drafted. I then had to make a phone call to an EWO who thought doorstepping 3 times in one week was acceptable, to a family who have willingly chosen to home educate and have already put in writing that they are willing to engage with the EHE in writing. Then I had a quick discussion with some fellow home edders about a family that we are trying to help and get rid of ridiculous social service involvement. I did all this before I was even out of bed, as I went to get out of bed, I put my weight onto one foot and realised my leg had gone dead and I fell over, hurting my other leg, so I spent the day limping. Whilst I was working away, the boys were researching Napoleon, Einstein reading books, StuntMan googling, Princess decided she wanted to do a maths workbook instead.
After a quick lunch and a mad 'quick print these sheets off for group' half hour, we headed to group. I cut out Halloween themed paper things, set out paint and pencils and paper, the kids had a brilliant time (I completely forgot to take photos). The older kids went off and built chair and table dens in the smaller rooms, then roamed around, did a bit of painting and the odd word search. The younger ones created some lovely artwork. I chatted to some of the families, advised on one over zealous LA, was asked to support another family with some serious issues (obviously I can't share what) but it's gonna be a lot of work, but well worth it for such a lovely family. I came up with the idea for the next meeting (as some don't do Halloween) it's going to be a fancy dress party with buns etc and some games and making firework decorations. We packed away and headed to Asda, bought way too many things we didn't need, such as Lego, a pretty top and boots ::) oh and Pizza for tea. Pizza cooked, laptop on and sit, and I didn't move till bedtime :) The kids played together for a while then read, then slept.
Today we are having a TV morning and playing games, then off to a birthday party and depending on what time we are home Princess has gymnastics later.
Friday we are meant to be meeting one of the kids friends and mum, I might organise it to be here then we can sit and eat cake and drink tea whilst the kids play.
Whilst I only mentioned my friend at the very beginning I would like to add now, that throughout this stressful busy week, he has been at the end of the phone, FB or text anytime I have wanted a chat or cry (like Sunday morning), he is turning out to be a very influential part of my life, he actually cares that I get some rest, that I don't overdo it, he's also rather useful at making me feel absolutely bloody amazing. I would also like to mention that without some very good friends, I would not be able to work as hard as I do for families, I have the friend I can moan to, the friend that brightens dull moments, the friend that knows so much it's scary, the friend that taught me how to kick LA ass, and the friend that well it's her fault I know such a lovely man :) Life might be crazy but I'll let you into a secret, I think things, whilst always being crazy, are about to get a whole lot better.
No comments:
Post a Comment