Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Dyson's and music

It's been one of those lovely home ed days, Princess woke up about 8 and watched a dvd in her room, me and the boys woke about 9, well Einstein was nearer to 10am.  I pottered about in my room while the kids got their breakfast and fed the animals.  I've been keeping an eye on the news all day hoping and wishing for news of April Jones, the little 5 year old that has been abducted in Wales, but still no good news, it's so sad and it makes me more grateful to have my babies safe with me.    The kids came running upstairs with the Graze box that had just been delivered. Twice a week we climb into my bed and devour the contents, trying new seeds, or rice crackers, we love the flapjacks.

The kids swapped some washing over and emptied the dishwasher while I cleaned up after our old cat, poor thing is getting worse and most nights doesn't make it to the litter tray in time.  We then decided to explore the huge box that had been delivered on Monday, we'd been sent a Dyson, especially for schools/home edders, it contained a Dyson, lots of cleaner heads and screwdrivers and an instruction manual. Princess wasn't too interested so set herself up on the chaise with the laptop and went on youtube, she's obsessed with Bruno Mars's Lazy Song and is always looking for new versions, then she put Horrid Henry on. Me and the boys spent a couple of hours taking the Dyson apart, discussing why it was designed the way it was, how it worked and how other things are designed. I haven't seen StuntMan this interested in something for a while, they worked together too, was lovely to watch.

We had a lazy late lunch sat on the sofa watching Big Bang Theory, we love this programme, I know it has some adult content, but it has triggered some really interesting questions from the kids, as well as showing to them that sex isn't a taboo subject with me, today's episode was one of Einstein's favourites, the one with the cricket, he was in stitches laughing. StuntMan decided to go off and start building a den in his bedroom, the others eventually followed. There was a little bit of bickering and I've had to step in a couple of times and seperate them. But they then put some music on and danced and played upstairs for a couple of hours. I sat with my music on downstairs, and worked on my book. I think I have most of it done now, just a few bits to add and then I need someone to go through it and alter any layout and grammar problems with it. I'm quite excited that very soon I shall be looking at getting it published!  So for those of you that enjoy my blog or know me in real life, I think you will enjoy the book, it's my biography and I promise it's a good read (well I've got to say that cos I wrote it lol)

The evening has gone tits up, cos we had home made pizza for lunch, no one was ready for tea at tea time, so instead the kids have been drawing, but the bickering started, and StuntMan was nasty to Einstein (I missed what was said) but it resorted in Einstein screwing up his drawing. It's so sad when he does that, he has so little self worth and even when he's done something good he can soon be screwing it up and being upset that it was no good. So I've sent the boys to their room for a while to calm down. I'll feed them a snack and we'll all head upstairs. I'm dying my hair tonight, no idea what colour yet :) maybe a rainbow again :)

1 comment:

  1. chez i love ur blog nearly as much as i love u x fantastic amazing person xc

    ReplyDelete