Thursday, 7 February 2013

oops it's been a while!

There's been a lot going on here, we have been very busy, whilst the weather hasn't been great, a touch of cabin fever started to set in, so we were glad of the snow. It was lovely watching the fella pulling Princess on her sledge whilst the boys built a snow fort in the garden. It was hilarious watching the kids attacking the fella with snowballs and mostly missing, note to self, some extra visits to the park with a ball to be made this summer. Once we dropped the fella at the station for him to go home, the snow was a good excuse to wrap up warm and go to the park.  We had the whole slope to ourselves, apart from one other family, we assumed the other kids would be in school. Days like that remind me why we home ed,  we were in no rush, we were able to enjoy the snow together and had lots of laughs.

Einstein's long term friend has been acting very weird of late, his attitude since going to comp has changed, he is throwing strops and stomping off in a mardy hissy fit. He is physically attacking other friends and storming out my house slamming the door. After an awful incident, where he hurt another child, I really wasn't sure that I would be comfortable welcoming him in the house again. He had refused to come back and apologise and the injured kid's mum was now refusing to let him near her house again, I can't blame her, but I have known this kid 9 years nearly, I know his home life is awful and I know he sees my place as somewhere safe. Only a couple of weeks previous I had thrown a tea party for his birthday because his mum had not even bought him a present! I'm not at liberty to share any more info, but her priorities are elsewhere, I love this kid like one of my own, so I was really hurt that he had been behaving like this. Einstein was devastated that he may not see his friend again, he actually sobbed for hours, thinking he could have done something to stop his friend being like this, he has no understanding of why he is changing. Einstein is showing no signs of puberty, he's nearly 12) but his friends are and he doesn't understand it at all.  We were really lucky that his friend eventually came here and apologised, cried his heart out on my doorstep and told me that he knew he really shouldn't behave like that. I brought him in the house and had a lovely chat with him and a hug, he then went to play on the ps3 with the boys. I think this is going to be the first of many issues we have as his home life is changing dramatically soon.  I just hope he knows he will always be loved here.

There was a second apology that same week, it came from a lady that I have not got on with for a fair few months, a big difference in opinion sent us our seperate ways.  I am not going to go into details, but something happened that was triggered by her, she realised that she had done wrong and apologised to me, she talked with me, explained what had happened and that she had not meant for any of the bad things to happen. I of course accepted her apology, it is a shame the friendship is way beyond repair, but it warmed my heart that there are some good people out there willing to say 'shit I got that wrong'.

To my surprise there was another huge apology that week, this time one that made me sit down, the clinical psych phoned me, he had received my complaint and wanted to invite me in to discuss it.  As child care options are limited for me I explained that it wouldn't be possible, that I was happy to chat on the phone about it. He went on to apologise for making me upset and for speaking to Einstein in an horrid way. He really sounded sorry, as well as obviously not wanting to get a bollocking from bosses.  He offered to amend the report and address the concerns I raised in writing, which he has now done.  The SALT (Speech and Language Therapy) is next week, she is coming to mine, and will be a couple of hours, of history and then assessment.  The clinical psych is speaking with the ed psych too, both have agreed that Einstein is showing signs of Autism. So maybe one day soon we will have the diagnosis that we have waited 10 years for!

Other happenings have included my FB group has had a massive surge in numbers, we are nearly at a thousand members, many of the newbies to the group are new to home ed, misinformed by dodgy LA staff. My workload is huge, I know I said I was slowing down from it all!, but everyone else's workload is huge too! The difference this year seems to be that LA's are asking for help with re-writing their written info, I have 4 of those on the go (of course once me and the locals involved and the LA reach a final version, I suggest that they send it out for consultation with all the local families), my own LA is behaving badly still and the draft policy has still not been sent out for consultation. SS involvement with home ed seems rife at the moment :( mostly newbies being threatened with SS if they don't let ehe/ewo/cme in. So lot's of sod off, here is the law type letters are being written daily.

Me and the fella were meant to travel to meet up with his best mate and his wife, and his best mates sister (my friend), but the snow made us cancel, instead we stayed in a local Travelodge and my mum had my kids, it was the fella's birthday, so we had a lovely 26 hours just the two of us, I won't share the details, but we did have a really amazing time :)

I have been struggling with a really foul mood and not been able to quite pin point why, then I woke a few days ago, feeling a little more calmer, more at ease, then I found out my Great Uncle had died, I wonder whether my mood was my psychic side telling me that he was ill, maybe I knew, I don't know, but I know it's not the first time my mood has altered before a big event has happened that i had no idea about.   Now I know I wasn't close to Uncle R, but he was my Grandad's brother, the last link to that part of the family, my parents are now the eldest in the family, it scares the crap out of me, cos I am the eldest of the next generation down.  I am gonna be in London visiting the fella next week, the day after we return is the funeral, a friend is having the kids for me, so I can go.

I'm looking forward to our visit to London, we will get to spend time with the fella and also meet his kids, I have now spoken with them both briefly on the phone and I am petrified that they won't like me.  The fella plays a huge roll in their lives, which is fantastic, so it's really important to me that they like me, cos if things get serious with us, he might end up moving up here, I want his kids to want to visit, to stay here too. Time will tell on that one.

In other news Stuntman is having memory issues again, not just when something has been taken/broken etc, but silly little things that are of no consequence that I know he has done, like drawing a picture on his sister, which we all found hilarious, but he had no recollection of doing it! I've got no idea what's going on with him, but he is really hard work at the minute, I am trying to give him more time and attention, more hugs, in the hope that he settles again. He is being like a little dad at times, he makes me smile cos he can be so loving and caring towards his brother and sister. He talks like me sometimes, just tonight, the kids were helping by cooking tea whilst I finished hoovering up (after a huge clearout of the boys room) and I heard him saying to Einstein 'if you aren't gonna help then get out of my way and do something useful' so me! lol :)

Princess is learning so fast it's scary, she picked up a KS1 science workbook the other day and read it to me, words like healthy, diet, abracadabra, etc, without any help and without ever looking at it before, she is only just 5 and a half ! So amazed with her.

So I'm gonna shut up now, well done if you made it all the way through this :) I shall endeavor to blog more often with shorted pieces :)


No comments:

Post a Comment