Monday, 4 June 2012

What a week!!!! Nieces, autism, politics, jubilee and tattoos

Please somebody keep reminding me that I need to say no more often, I'm so exhausted I fell asleep eating tea yesterday.

My nieces ran me ragged the whole week, neither of them settled very well at all with me :( which in turn meant my kids were restless and hardwork. My sister picked them up on Saturday and they've now moved 100's of miles up to scotland, which means I won't see them much anymore :(

We did have a wonderful day out and lots of fun in-between the rougher bits and 4.30am wake up. My eldest niece found a toad in the park and was determined to tell everyone she met, she told a member of staff who decided to go and find it, it was a long way from water so she wet it and put it in the shade nearer to the water, unfortunately it didn't survive. But I was very proud of all the kids, they were all so caring towards the horrid looking toad ;)


I've only just got my sister back after an awful falling out and now she's gone again, I wish her well but would have been nice to have her around a bit more.

I've been busy trying to get people to be interested in replying to the education committee enquiry into home education, but it's really disheartening at the number of people that are not interested or don't think it's important :( this could be a big turning point for home educators. It could be the formal recognition needed that LA's act ultra vires on a daily basis, with their bullying tactics and lies :( I've tried helping people organise themselves to reply as a group? But only 2 small groups are interested, I've been good and said no to organising something. I don't think my brain would cope with any more at the mo.

I've been dealing with our Ed psych team trying to convince them that home educated kids should still be entitled to assessments, they've finally agreed and will be seeing mathew soon. We are still waiting on an appointment with the autism assessment team. Long story short we started the diagnosis process, met a wonderful occupational therapist who helped loads with his sensory issues but then we started home Ed so didn't see the point in pushing for a diagnosis. But the longer I've spent with mathew the more I pick up on his quirks, and realise that if he ever wanted to go into formal education he would need some support, so off we go again on waiting lists.

It's the queens jubilee this week which means the ex has today and tomorrow of work, which gives me a few hours to myself, I planned on getting a tattoo but it's not looking good financially :( he turned up late today, his excuse was that he over slept, what he meant was he over did it at his mothers!!! So the kids have to suffer, she hasn't liked me from the day we met, tattooed, pink haired, single mum to 3, not exactly every mums dream daughter in law, but she made life hell, so bad in fact the ex stopped talking to her. Till we split and he's now there every few weeks, his attitude has changed and I can tell when he has seen her cos he gets selfish again :( he isn't the kids dad, but is the closest they've ever had and he wants to carry on seeing them but I do wonder how long that will last.
Even though he is a dick at times the kids love him and they finally got sorte and went out to a butterfly/animal place and had a lovely day. I on the other hand ran around like a mad woman: beds all changed, washing all done, went to town, had car brakes checked, went to 2 different pet places for a fish tank light, and covered all the caravan cushions and cleaned the caravan ready for next week.

Tomorrow I have no idea what I'm gonna do with myself, knowing me I'll clean or do DIY instead of actually stopping and resting.

2 comments:

  1. hope you get what you need out of being on the waiting lists !
    The children's smiley faces show what a good job you're doing !!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank u, it is lovely to see them smiling :)

      Delete